Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Great Art: Ash by Michel Fiffe!

 As a backer of Copra artist Michel Fiffe over on his Patreon, I am signed up for a tier that gets original art on an annual basis. With everything I've been diving into as a celebration of 1990s independent comics, it seemed only fitting to use this year's headshot for a rendition of one of the pre-eminent figures of that movement. 

Looking through my stack of comics, I realized only one hero really stood out for a great visual as a simple profile shot. Though he hasn't appeared for over twenty years, Joe Quesada and Jimmy Palmiotti's Ash was a character and comic with a ton of unrealized potential brought to an end by Quesada's path to the Marvel editor-in-chief position. Yet I still have a ton of love for the character so he won out as my top choice for new art.

And I couldn't be happier with the result! 


If you're interested in getting your own Fiffe art, sign up for his Patreon on January 1st! With a full year as a backer at the higher tiers, you can get superb work like this to enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment