Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Is the world ready for... the Atomic Werewolf? (Tuesday Throwback)

Every Tuesday we look back at a great post from the previous years of this blog. This time around we travel back to the original introduction of the beast called... THE ATOMIC WEREWOLF!

I am proud to introduce the Atomic Werewolf to the world. The character is one of my odder creations, a 1960s experiment gone wrong that creates a massive wolf creature on the run from the government.

This short introduces a massive monster with connections with many points in Quadrant Universe history. But it was also about experimenting with form. I wanted to tell the story in a different way than straight prose. I made the decision to tell the tale from the viewpoint of a friend of the monster writing in his autobiography more than forty years later. It will not be the last appearance of either character however, as I plan a long history for the Atomic Werewolf as part of the Quadrant Universe. I particularly would like to share more passages from Davy Daniels' autobiography, but all that depends on how many more Timeline tales I manage to write between my other anthology appearances and novel length work.

As an aside, I am also very proud of the cover which combines a famous public domain movie poster with an atomic icon to create a beautiful visual for the book, even continuing the movie post design with the names of the stars. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating it.

The Atomic Werewolf is truly some of the most fun I have had as a writer, so I hope everyone can enjoy reading this unique tale as much as I did creating it.

Pick up The Atomic Werewolf now at Amazon or Smashwords. Priced at only 99 cents, it is the right price for a great read!

Don't forget to check out my Work-in-progress Wednesday posts where you can learn more about the upcoming sequel to this tale! 

No comments:

Post a Comment