Wednesday, October 17, 2018

A series of fortunate events! (WIP Wednesday)

It proved to be a good week of writing in the past seven days. Another Shockwave chapter done, a new Lightweight chapter under way, and a heck of a lot of Atomic Werewolf 2000 in place. I'm just slightly behind on par for my 40,000 word goal but it it still easily in reach as I get ready to ramp things up for next month's 50,000 word novel.

I've also put effort into defining the four characters that will star in Project TEAM, as well as the supporting cast that will surround each of them. I'm pleased with how each character is developing, even as I continue to work towards yet another Lightweight chapter finished in the next one to two weeks.

I do have some doubts I will wrap Atomic Werewolf 2000 before NaNoWriMo starts. I do generally keep one open project and one side project even in National Novel Writing Month. As I writer, I often find the easiest way to avoid a stubborn block in my brain is to switch things up with another work. I'm not sure yet if the good Werewolf will be that side project or if I'll return to Quadrant or Shockwave. I'm leaving things a bit up in the air right now. I do hope to wrap the Werewolf story by the end of year however, along with the rest of the current arc of Lightweight.

Newsletter readers know I already have a few irons in the fire for several more projects to continue into next year. If all goes well, I will have no less than six book releases in 2019, with at least three of them debuting as part of the Patreon.

If you haven't started backing the Patreon, never fear. I'm currently reprinting every installment of Lightweight and Quadrant at the site as we head towards the debut of all new tales in January. These editions will stay in place for a couple months, but not forever. So if you're interested in playing catch up, now is definitely the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment