Wednesday, September 26, 2018

One night on the Orient Express... and dinosaurs! (WIP Wednesday)

I talked quite a bit about the project I code named the Horror Universe as a potential project a few weeks back. I'm now three chapters into the first tale in the series, an adventure that starts on the Orient Express as it barrels across Europe and towards Bucharest. Our hero is one Lucy Marston, an agent for a government body so secret even the President doesn't know of its operations. The year is 1938, war looms in Europe and she's on a mission to stop what she thinks is a Nazi plot to release a deadly virus in Romania.

Marvel's versions of the monsters by Bruce Timm, whose horror art
continues as an inspiration for the project. 
She has no idea of the true threat she faces however, as a dark being from the recent past seeks to rise from the grave.

The new book is a high energy sexy adventure with the dark undertones that will be built upon with each new book in the burgeoning series. If things go as planned over the next few years, this will be the first in a planned eight part series as I introduce the more monstrous side of the Quadrant Universe.

Make no mistake however: you will see no traditional heroes as this one develops. Just various levels of monsters and men. However, it will get a new nickname as I continue to develop new projects, mostly to avoid any confusion between the original Horror Universe moniker and the overall Quadrant Universe. From now until it receives its final name, it will simply be Project SUPERNATURAL.

I'm still working on a final title both for this initial volume and the series as a whole. This one is likely to fall by the wayside before its completed so as to start my NaNoWriMo project, but more on that one in a few short weeks. But I do have one other project to share.

I built a strong head start on my planned thirty thousand words for the month as well, so I've taken away some time from my heavy writing schedule to finally work towards final edits and writes on Dino Force. The series hit several snags as I worked to connect the disparate stories a bit better than they initially were when I first started editing the book. The book will likely see the light of day early next year, far later than I ever hoped for it to wrap up, but still as a complete gorgeous book which will hopefully lead to more with the characters.

Work on Atomic Werewolf 2000 continues as well, but I don't want to spill too many beans on that one. So I'll close out this WIP Wednesday with a challenge to start your own plans to bring your writing to life. I'd love to hear from anyone and everyone with plans for NaNoWriMo as November looms.

No comments:

Post a Comment