Monday, August 6, 2018

The conundrum: which story do you want to read?

Right now I'm developing two new novel projects along with the three series I've been talking about rather regularly on this page. My problem right now is to decide which one to move forward on as my next novel project. So I'm asking you, dear readers, which one you think will work best as the next entry in the wide world of the Quadrant Universe. Here's a short tease for both books. Let me know which one tickles your fancy more!

1. The Horror Universe

Monsters have lurked in the corners of mankind for decades. But as the thirties draws the world together in an impending war, the creatures that lurk in the corners start to awaken to threaten mankind. As two such creatures rise and war looms over Europe, can an intrepid young secret agent hope to save the world from not just the Axis war machine but blood-sucking creatures of the night and shambling corpses?

This Bruce Timm tribute piece to Hammer may feature a few hints at where I'd go with
The Horror Universe.
2. Manticore

He grew up on the streets, but he never was like anyone else. Born with a genius level I.Q. and a deadly super-power, his only choice to succeed were the gangs. But if he was going to commit crime, he planned to make sure he did it in ways smarter than anyone could ever imagine. He rose to power throughout the city... and when he saw his chance to take it all, he struck. This is the life story of his rise and fall as the most powerful crime boss in modern America.
I promise this Manticore will be much cooler than the highly
expendable Suicide Squad villain. (Image copyright: DC Comics.)
Both promise to be fun projects, but only one will get off the ground before the end of the year. So which one should it be? Let me know in the comments below or on any social media?

No comments:

Post a Comment