Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The Good Fight 3: Sidekicks now available for pre-order!

I seriously don't talk about the great folks at the Pen & Cape Society enough on this blog, but my group of fellow authors have done wonders in bringing more attention to many amazingly talented prose writers of super powered fiction.

Cover art by Scott Story.
I am proud to say I have joined with them again this year to take part in The Good Fight 3: Sidekicks.

This one actually takes an interesting path for me as I only have two major sidekick characters in the Quadrant Universe. Annabelle Montalvo made her debut in the debut Freedom Patton novel A Dangerous Place to Live. Backoff is a character not actually seen in any of the stories I've published so far, instead serving as a key piece of history in the backstory of Legend in the pages of F.O.R.C.E. I had to choose one or the other to write about if I was going to make this book work.

Instead, I chose both.

"Heroes Don't Retire" falls into a strange place as it actually serves as a sequel to the next Freedom novel, The Long Hot Summer, while also serving as an aside to the ongoing F.OR.C.E. saga. Basically it is a sequel to two works I have yet to release. But while it will beat both those works into print next month, I think it serves as a great jumping on point to introduce both characters.

I distinctly have plans for both in the future, but with my limited writing schedule I cannot say when they will return. In the mean time though, you should definitely check out their first adventure together as well as all the other amazing stories in The Good Fight 3: Sidekicks by pre-ordering it before the March 21 release.

No comments:

Post a Comment