Friday, February 10, 2017

A few words on the future (or, When real life gets in the way)

Don't know the artist to credit on this one,
but she offers a hint on one upcoming project.
In case you had yet to notice, my time posting here on Super Powered Fiction as well on The Wrestling Weekday has grown more limited over the last few weeks. My focus for much of the last three months of last year, January and February have been mostly involved with getting myself into a better place than I have been in quite some time.

I don't talk about depression issues on here often, but with a long family history of depression (including bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder), I have had particular challenges all through the last twelve months but they were intensified as the year ended as extended family issues seemed to overwhelm everything.

And sometimes something has to give.

In case you don't get my gist, it looks like 2017 will be a very slim year for me.

I do not foresee 2017 as being a strong year for new work from Super Powered Fiction or Metahuman Press. That is not to say I will go without any releases, but I suspet most of my work will be limited to fulfilling prior commitments.

This includes a long gestating shared world anthology based on a distinctly non-Western take on superheroes, a co-edited project that continues my love for weird ideas brought to print and (hopefully) the long awaited first Pulpsploitation novel by Teel James Glenn. It will also include a handful of short stories owed to a few different publishers.

I suspect those projects to take most of the first six months of the year to complete. With the ongoing need for greater attention to home issues, my time writing and editing are far more limited. I plan to see through the release of those works before I start looking into other projects.

Some of the other works I have hinted at in recent months, such as the remainder of F.O.R.C.E, the sequel series Executive F.O.R.C.E. or the fourth volume of Lightweight are still ahead, but they are backburnered. I will give more details on their release as work returns on them.

That is not to say I am without plans. I have a big series launch planned for early 2018, one which I suspect will take up much of my energy in the new year, but one I also hope will change the face of super powered fiction for years to come. But that one is still very far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment