Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Great Art: X by Dean Zachary

Blame this one on final edits of the new chapter of F.O.R.C.E. With my own version of the classic Centaur hero Ferret nearing his first lead story, I started to look back at the work of the guys most famous for working on him as part of Malibu's Protectors. That gave me last week's Tom Derenick art. It also gives me this week's Dean Zachary art.

I absolutely loved the art Zachary provided for The Ferret in a short lived solo series. He went on to work on an issue or two of Night Man, the Hawk & Dove miniseries that introduced the Hawk and Dove no one wanted, the short lived and much missed by yours truly Stargods with the late Scott Clark, and most recently, the reboot of Atlas Comics' Phoenix. But I found this piece he did for Dark Horse's X on his website and it may be one of my favorite pieces of art I've seen from Mr. Zachary. Enjoy, and stay tuned for the debut of the Ferret in the next chapter of F.O.R.C.E. in just a few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment