Thursday, August 18, 2016

F.O.R.C.E. Files 4: Cyber

Like many of my characters, Cyber's existence dates back to my teenage years. His origins lie in several different manga characters that were popular at the time, all of which featured human beings bonded with alien symbiotes with a more armored tone. Or at least, characters whose origins I thought were that, as most were just pictures I would see in various geek magazines, as my actual manga purchases in those days were rather limited by my budget.

He started as a teen hero, but as I crafted a heroic universe with several years of history, I think he became more interesting. John Sprouse was basically a total screw-up with little future. He was a punk that failed at school and, outside some limited skills as a mechanic, was never going to amount to much. He knocked up his girlfriend while still in high school and was pretty much set up for a dead end.

But as a super powered hero, he started to find some success, even as it basically turned him into a deadbeat dad. Eventually he started to reconnect with his lost girlfriend and child, even as his alter ego of Cyber became more widely known. He becomes one of the initial members of F.O.R.C.E. and one of a few heroes that uses the new compound for the team as a home for himself and his family. 

That is the situation as F.O.R.C.E.'s base comes under attack in F.O.R.C.E. 4: Cyber. Check out the full story now on Amazon and Smashwords! It's only 99 cents so give it and the entire F.O.R.C.E. saga a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment