Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Cool Stuff: Hurricane Hordak


I have already talked about my love for Hordak in a Best Character Ever, but today I have to focus on my plastic representation of the Evil Horde's leader.

The Masters of the Universe Classics line has been issuing amazing figures for several years now, but up until this year, I never actually set out to buy any of them. Hurricane Hordak was me finally changing that.

This is actually the second Hordak figure in the line, just as the original was in the classic 80s line. The new figure is a near spot on redesign of that older toy in the modern style, right down to a molded crest on his back. In the original, that was the tool to make Hordak spin the blade inserts for his hand. The new toy doesn’t feature any actions, but it makes up for it with some amazing articulation.


Hordak towers over most of the figures currently sitting on the edge of my desk as he stands nearly seven inches (despite supposedly being in a six inch scale). For me, that just increases the menace of a villain that will always remain one of my favorites.

If you want one of your own, he is still available at Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment