Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Dramatic highs, crashing lows (WIP Wednesday)

My writing time proved limited over the weekend, as I visited two wrestling shows in two different towns, neither of which were Cedar Rapids. First I visited Des Moines with my brother to check out Pro Wrestling Revolver with my brother. Then I traveled back near home for a show in Walford put on by another Iowa indie called Central Empire Wrestling. I did some sleeping and some shopping in between but very little writing.

At the current time, I'm about a day behind on the par I've set to keep my forty thousand word goal attainable. I still think the number is quite doable. I just need to double down and get to work.

The new Lightweight chapter continues along quite nicely and rather quickly. Book Four will finally work to set a sort of status quo for Kevin going forward, but in the process I get to show off a few more corners of the globe. At my current writing pace and alternating, I'm producing about one new chapter of the saga a month, with switches to Shockwave and the horror book as well. If I can keep that pace and more folks sign up for the Patreon, I might consider moving the publication of individual chapters to a monthly schedule. But I want a lot more stories banked before I make that decision permanent.

I'm working Atomic Werewolf 2000 to a stopping point in the next couple days. From there, I'll mostly focus on a couple short ideas I've had kicking around as I prep for Project TEAM in November. I'll continue working on Lightweight and Shockwave as TEAM continues. I always like to have a few irons in the fire at once. I find it keeps me from burning out on any one project.

WWE's The Shield: Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins.
As I write this, a big piece of wrestling news has derailed my mind a lot from the writing process. WWE Universal champion Roman Reigns relinquished the title due to the return of the leukemia he first suffered eleven years ago. While it's a surprise to see any athlete or celebrity fight any kind of major disease, Roman's fight with cancer hits close to home only months after my own cancer diagnosis. I got lucky and had the tiny growth on my kidney removed before it could spread, but its presence at all puts me at risk of continued development. So I can relate to his fears and struggles, especially as a husband and father. I honestly fought back tears when I saw the announcement. But while it derails me tonight and breaks down a lot of the high of the weekend, I will use it as another focus. I don't know how much time I have left in this world, and I plan to spend it with my family or  creating my universe for as long as I can.

So forgive me for making this one so wrestling focused despite me having a whole other forum for that. Thanks for reading and let's all keep moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment