Monday, May 7, 2018

Saying goodbye to old friends...

The original Lightweight tale.
When I first started to publish Lightweight, my original plans were to be individual chapters every one to two months. They would each tell their own story, but at the same time build to a greater old, not unlike many comic books of the past several decades. I published ten chapters this way, all of which were collected in the books Lightweight: Senior Year and Lightweight: Black Death.

As I published them and looked at the history for both the single stories and the collections, I quickly realized that Amazon's setup isn't really made to sell short fiction in such a way. So when I wrote the next five chapters of Lightweight's tale, they were only released in a full book format as Lightweight: Beyond.

Now as I work to streamline my work, I realize the individual stories really just clutter up my Amazon Author page. Few sell by themselves anymore. So it seems obvious that it is time to remove them from circulation.

However, in fairness to folks that might have been reading the series in individual chapters, I will leave all the current stories up in their old form until May 31, 2018. After that, they will be removed from Amazon and Lightweight will continue their as only a novel series.

That is not to say I do not have plans to serialize Lightweight in the days and months ahead. I have a new plan in place to do just that, but that is for another time and another place as it is still a few months down the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment