Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Work-In-Progress Wednesday: October 2016

This month has been all about catching up on what work I can in between way too many days worked at the day job. My main project has been a new short story for the upcoming third volume of the Pen & Cape Society's The Good Fight series. Readers might remember The Good Fight 2: Villains featured my very first "The Second Life of D.B. Cooper" story. Sadly, my co-conspirators at the society didn't choose a subject matter for the second volume that really fit my take on D.B. Cooper.

The new book will be titled The Good Fight 3: Sidekicks. I have only had two characters that have fit the term in my work, but I decided I would feature them both. Readers of A Dangerous Place to Live know Annabelle Montalvo, the new series' lead, but the new story will actually jump ahead in time, to the time period after the upcoming next Freedom Patton novel Long Hot Summer.

My other sidekick character is Backoff, a young hero already dead as the F.O.R.C.E. series started. How can a dead character play a role in a new story set after the events of F.O.R.C.E.? For that, you will have to wait until the story is finished and released as part of the new volume of The Good Fight!

I have been breaking up what little project time I have left between the editing of a long delayed, quite unique new anthology I hope to yet have ready by the end of the year. I also have worked on the last two chapters of F.O.R.C.E. as I hope to wrap that series around the end of the year.

Of course, the last few days of this month are also about Nanowrimo prep. Next month will be all about the fourth book in the Lightweight series, but I'll have to talk about that one more in next month's Work-In-Progress Wednesday!

The image today is of actress and host Francia Raisa. When I first developed Annabelle Montalvo past her earliest appearances, her work on The Secret Life of the American Teenager was still fresh. While she has aged out of ever playing the character now, she still sits as the image of the character in my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment