Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Getting ready for the 4th with American Arsenal!

Cover art by John Davies.
One of the characters I might talk about the least on this blog is American Arsenal. I have created a few different patriotic heroes over my time, most notably Freedom Patton, but the American Arsenal is easily the most explosive of them!

He's a character that had his origins in the early 2000s, fostered by a re-watch of old WWE tapes. I saw the Ultimate Warrior run to the ring and rant and rave. And my mind went to, "what if a superhero was this crazy?"

The idea existed as a couple paragraphs about mixing the lost sense of Rambo in First Blood with the ranting, manic energy of Warrior. When Warrior passed in April of 2014, my mind returned to the American Arsenal. I knew I had to bring the character to life and form.

The short story was published late in 2014 and I immediately dedicated half of its profits to Connor's Cure, a charity created by WWE and supported by the Warrior's widow Dana. Connor's Cure is named after the late wrestling fan Connor Michalek who died of pediatric cancer. The charity continues to raise money to help treat pediatric cancer, a cause no right minded human could ever be against.

As Independence Day looms, I wanted to remind everyone of the existence of American Arsenal. The story is still only 99 cents on Amazon and Smashwords, a steal by any stretch of the imagination. I want to get more readers to check it out and more people to raise money for Connor's Cure. To make this happen I pledge 100% of all profits for the book in the month of July to the charity, foregoing any profit I might make for this push. For every person that adds a review after reading it in the next two months, I'll also match their contribution.

If you feel like giving directly to the charity, that's cool too. Email me a copy of your receipt to nick{at}superpoweredfiction{dot}com and I'll make sure you get a copy of the book.

So let's all have a great Fourth of July tomorrow, and let's celebrate by reading a fun story and supporting a great cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment