Thursday, January 5, 2017

Looking back at 2016: ten best pop songs

I've long been an advocate of music, whether it be alternative, popular or somewhere in between. I love to put together playlists for whatever I work on and even pushing forty, I still enjoy experiencing new music every year from artists both new and old. So I say with no shame, I can still find a ton to love on pop radio. Sure, there's plenty of crap as well, but that's always been the case. Pick any Billboard Top 100 for any year and you'll find about five really bad songs in the top 40. That's just the way of the world. But that doesn't mean I didn't find a lot of cream rising to the top in 2016. So here are my picks for the best music of the year.

Honorable Mention: Me, Myself and I - G-Eazy featuring Bebe Rexha. Released in October 2015, this song would have rated near the top of the list if I categorized it as a 2016 song.


10. Hands to Myself - Selina Gomez.


9. Make Me (Cry) - Noah Cyrus featuring Labrinth.


8. Starboy - The Weeknd featuring Daft Punk.


7. Never Be Like You - Flume featuring Kia


6. Gold - Kiiara


5. Closer - The Chainsmokers featuring Halsey


4. Needed Me - Rihanna


3. Bad Things - Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello


2. Lost Boy - Ruth B


1. Sucker For Pain - Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa, and Imagine Dragons with Logic and Ty Dolla Sign featuring X Ambassadors

No comments:

Post a Comment