Monday, July 15, 2019

Life, writing and Camp NaNoWriMo

Sometimes things more important than steady writing schedules occur. Worse, sometimes they occur dead in the center of NaNoWriMo or Camp NaNoWriMo. Thanksgiving is the prime example of this, but this July in came in the form of a wedding.

I'm the first to admit that the wedding of a family member takes precedence over any work. So I took some vacation jobs from the day job, worked ahead as best I could on the second of the three stories I'm working though for this month and disappeared off the grid for a few days.

Seriously though, I did get little work done as I went on the road to southern Iowa, saw my older brother marry a wonderful woman, and came back home with two beautiful step-nieces along for the ride.

And while I still have several days of adventures planned with them around my work week, I'm furiously working to also play catch up on my writing. My goal is three stories at around 25,000 words for the month, just above my usual 20,000 I average on a given month. I would like it to be the start of a push towards more writing month in and month out as I seek to expand the Quadrant Universe into the next few years.

So onward and upward and a reminder that even when the ups and downs of daily life derail yo for a few days, you cannot let them derail you forever. See you soon and keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment